Coronal brow lift in Calgary
If you're bothered by signs of aging such as expression lines, in the brow region, a coronal brow lift may be a useful cosmetic procedure. A brow lift performed by Dr. Hamilton at an accredited hospital in Calgary, benefits the patient by:
- Restoring the eyebrows to a more youthful position
- Minimizing the creases that occur on the forehead, or those that develop between the eyes
- Reducing and improving frown lines, vertical creases that occur between the eyebrows
If you need additional information to know more about your procedure feel free to call at 587.353.0244.
A coronal brow lift. What exactly is it?
This technique, as used by Dr. Hamilton at the hospital in Calgary, begins with an incision on the scalp, from ear to ear. The forehead is then lifted and excess skin is removed from the scalp.
This differs from the endoscopic brow lift (a brow lift performed with a miniature camera beneath the skin), due to the size of the incision. Recovery time is usually longer.
When Dr. Hamilton performs a coronal brow lift, he ensures that the incision lines are well-concealed within the hair or the natural contours of the face. When they are placed at the hairline (hairline brow lift), the forehead is then shortened. As the forehead heals, you will begin to notice smoother forehead skin. Along with it, comes a rested, more youthful appearance.
Preparing for coronal brow lift surgery
Prior to your brow lift surgery in Calgary, Dr. Hamilton may ask that you:
- Undergo specific lab testing
- Take certain medications or adjust those that you are currently taking
- Stop smoking
- Avoid taking aspirin, anti-inflammatory drugs and herbal supplements, to reduce the risk of bleeding
Dr. Hamilton is Chief, Division of Plastic Surgery at Peter Lougheed Hospital in Calgary, and is Assistant Professor (Clinical) Division of Plastic Surgery at the University of Calgary Medical School. He sits on the Surgical Executive Committee, Peter Lougheed Hospital, Calgary, Alberta, and is also Director of the Hand Clinic at Peter Lougheed Hospital.
Special instructions you may receive from Dr. Hamilton, before your brow lift, will include:
- What to do on the night before and morning of surgery
- The use of anesthesia during your brow lift
- Post-operative care and follow-up
Dr. Hamilton will perform your brow lift at an accredited hospital in Calgary.
Surgery to restore a woman's figure after childbirth.
Benefits of using the most advanced breast implants.